Sunday, March 2, 2008

Lessons from a Man-Scarf


I finished Mr. H's scarf the other day. It has been blocked, and he has even worn it (once).

Things I have learned from this scarf...
  • How to knit. At least, how to knit into the right hole (boy, that sounds perverted)
  • How to cable. Much, much easier than I thought.
  • How to weave in ends. There are a lot of stripes in the scarf, and I learned a lot of different techniques (aka - I messed around a lot) to weave in ends.
  • Some of the differences between good yarns and not so good yarns. This particular yarn was an alpaca blend and left fuzz everywhere. In addition, when wet, it actually smells like an alpaca.

A successful experience. I learned a lot. Mr. H is happy. I'm happy it's done. On the to next learning experience.

No comments: