Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter from the Fam-i-ly

My favorite christmas song describes a car crash of a holiday party. I wish I could re-write it for easter. There is definitely some car crash potential. Hopefully all will go well.

After hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas, it is now time to host the next major holiday. I'm trying to keep the menu fairly simple, without sneaking too much weird new stuff into the food. We are going to deep fry another turkey, at the request of my father in law, but since I had already bought the ham at that point, we're going to do both meat groups.

I'm trying a couple new recipes that I'm eager to share, but I'll wait to see how they go over first. Below is the menu for Easter at our house..


In the beginning...
Deviled Eggs
Veggie Tray
Spanokopita
Scotch Eggs

Sinking our teeth into it...
Deep fried turkey
Ham
Potato Leek Gratin
Stuffing
Tossed salad with Blood Oranges and Onion
Asparagus

Sugar High
Baklava
Egg Cake
Easter Cheese

No comments: