Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The commodity of kisses.

Two boys swinging, holding a conversation... My notes are in ()

Pete: Laura said that her mother told her to kiss me next time I did something like that (didn't hear what "that" was)

Jake: Really?

Pete: Yeah. Yuck.

Looks of disgust are shared among them.

Jake: Maybe her mom is a witch.

(I'm hiding my laughter at this point. I don't want them to know I'm listening)

Pete looks ponderous: Yeah. Besides, I'm not really into her. I'm saving up.

Jake: Saving up what?

Pete: Kisses.

Jake: You're saving up for what?

Pete: So I can have a wedding with (The Marvelous Miss Thing). (he shoots me a look to see if I am watching)

Jake: Oh yeah.



So my question is... what is the commodity of kisses? How many do you have to save to get married. I'm really not down with this whole boys-and-girls thing at this age. I don't like it at all, and we heavily downplay it in my house, although it can not be ignored. But even I can't deny that it can be cute.

No comments: